Water Ionizer Comparison between Enagic®, Tyent, Life and Jupiter.
As I believe the SD501is the best water ionizer on the market, I have placed the facts regarding this product as well as the company (Enagic®) on this page.
The reason I choose to lay out the facts regarding this ionizer, is to address some of the miss-representations by dealers of other ionizers (of mostly Korean origin).
The Enagic® line of ionizers are the "Gold Standard" of the industry!
When it comes to your health, you shouldn't compromise quality for inferior materials and design on account of dubious claims. And yes, for better health you will need to pay a somewhat higher price that may at first appear to be relatively more costly prior to having investigated all of the facts.
Once you have done a thorough investigation, you will then be able to make a better decision. However, If price is the deal breaker, then our lower price machines are still a far superior choice over ionizers from other makers.
First off, The company, has been in the business of water ionization for the past 35 years. Listed below are some bullet point truths about Enagic® and The SD-501:
- Enagic is LICENSED AND CERTIFIED.
1. The first license is issued by Osaka Prefecture, a governmental agency responsible for the province of Osaka, Japan. (ManufacturingLicense.pdf)
2. Enagic's® Second license was issued by the Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare, Government of Japan. ( This is equivalent to our F.D.A.) The license # is 27B2X00070.
- The Company Enagic® operates as a O.E.M. (Original Equipment Manufacturer), which means that Enagic® does not outsource any components with the exception of the electrolysis plates, which are outsourced from a company by the name of Kobe. Everything else, including the shipping materials are made in-house.
- One craftsman is responsible for building every water ionizer from start to finish that increases the quality control significantly. The only device in Japan that is recommended and recognized by a non-profit organization (The Japanese Association of Preventative Medicine for Adult Diseases.) made up of over 7,000 Doctors and Surgeons in Japan. Enagic is recognized because its products are high quality and relevant for hospitals.
Click on the links below and above to download the pdfs for your convienence.
- Enagic® has been awarded Certificate # ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 for its most environmentally friendly products as well as for its rigerous quality materials and construction. Additionally, these two prestigious awards recognize Enagic® as a leader in REDUCING M***** COSTS IN JAPAN. (ISO9001) (ISO14001)
- On April 18, 2004 Enagic® received the International Earth Environment University (IEEU) achievement for outstanding Achievement in the environmental sciences and the Linus Pauling International Earth Environmental Roundtable (IEER). (IEEUCertificate.pdf)
- Awarded ISO 13485:2003. This award certifies that Enagic® uses the Management System Standards of the Design and Manufature of Electrolysis Water Generators for M****** and General use. (Management-Cert.pdf)
- Recognized by The Geriatric Disease Prevention Association. (GeriatricPrevention.pdf)
- Recognized as a member in good standing for the year 2007 by The Direct Selling Association. (DirectSelling.pdf)
- The SD-501 has a FULL and COMPLETE WARRANTY based on one condition- that the electrolysis chamber is kept clean with a citrus cleaning cartridge, applied twice yearly. The first one comes with the machine. (Many companies claim to have a full 5 year warranty but are either limited or have a number of exclusions.)
- There are no daily, weekly, monthly or yearly limits set as to the amount of water that can be produced from the Kangen Water® machines. You can produce an unlimited amount of water.
- Enagic's® Ionizers do not shut down from overheating because these machines don't overheat. (All of the competitor machines have a safety shut off feature that prevents their machine's electrolysis generator from receiving electricity and thus producing ionized water. Most will automatically shut down after 5 to 10 minutes of use. This so called safety shut off feature prevents their machines from overheating and thus causing damage to the electrolysis chamber. In other words, the display panel remains on, yet these Ionizers are not producing alkaline water past a certain point because the "auto shut-off " activates and stops sending electricity to the chamber. Yes, ALL of the ionizers have this "safety shut off" feature except Enagic's line of ionizers.)
- Enagic's® Ionizers have twice the flow rate of our nearest competitors. As a matter of fact, The Sd-501 will produce 8-liters/ minute which is almost 3 times the flow rate of the Jupiter. The effective flow rate of the SD-501 is right around 5 to 5.5 liters/minute. Effective flow meaning the flow rate when the -ORP and alkalinity are not compromised.
- Hard Water is a huge problem with ionizers but not a problem with Enagic's® line of Water Ionizers. Usually, Hard Water is NOT a Problem. In the event that it is a problem, Enagic® will disassemble and clean the electrolysis chamber for $40.(That is a great deal when you consider that some of the competitors charges upwards of $800 to replace their chambers)
- The Enagic® Water Ionizers are designed to use a 100% Organic Citrus Acid E-Cleaner that is ideal for cleaning and removing the built up calcium off of the platinum/titanium plates. No other ionizers have this key function. Do not overlook this feature. This is a HUGE benefit of ALL of the water ionizers that extends the life many years to come.
- According to the manufacturer, one e-cleaner pack (see picture above) should be used once every one to two weeks for optimal performance of your Kangen water® Ionizer. The process is simple enough! Just replace your filter with the e-cleaner filter, add a fresh pack, fill with water and let it set for 4 to 6 hours. Run your machine, and you will notice the white flakes exiting! This is a great way to keep your machine at its optimal level. It is recommended to use your best judgement. In very hard water areas, use this cleaner once a week and in soft water areas, use once a month.
- The cost of this e-cleaner is $34 and should last at least one year if the recommendations are followed; However, this process needs to be followed at least twice yearly in order to satisfy the five year warranty. This is a big improvement from the previous acid cleaner cartridge as far as cost savings, an improved environmentally friendly cartridge, and engineering.
Please remember that hard water on the electrolysis plates will destroy any effort from any water ionizer in producing alkaline water or even more importantly, alkaline water with a high -ORP.
Again, this is a huge advantage over other non-Enagic water ionizers. Every water ionizer will start accumulating hard water deposits from their water source.
Unless you live in an area of very little hard water deposits, choosing the right water ionizer with this feature should not be overlooked.
- The Enagic ionizers have a Minimum Life Expectancy of 8 to 10 Years and possibly beyond. This is based on Engineering and Results!
- The SD-501 is self-cleaning and will clean after every 15 minutes of use but will not start self cleaning if you are using the machine. I have experienced this many times while filling up 20 to 30 gallons at a time for people who are drinking the water.
- Enagic's© SOLID, DIPPED platinum / titanium plates have a surface area that is 445% larger than that of Jupiter Aquarius / Orion alone.
1. As an example, The SD-501 electrolysis chamber( see the picture to the right ) has 7 SOLID plates with a total surface area of 490 sq. in. (7 plates x (7"x 5") x 2 sides). This requires a large 230-watt transformer. A greater surface area requires a greater heating element.
2. As a comparison, the Jupiter ionizers have a total surface area of 110 square in. ( 5 plates x (2.75" x 4") x 2 sides) and have a inferior heating element that requires a maximum of 80 watts of electricity to run.
Also, notice that the chamber has 7 wires that are attached to the side as well as the screws on the front of the chamber that can be removed for easy cleaning. Enagic® charges $40 to clean the hard mineral deposits off of the electrolysis plates in the event that the mineral deposits cannot be removed.
- The Enagic® Solid Titanium Plates are DIPPED IN HIGH QUALITY PLATINUM. The titanium is purchased from a company by the name of Shinnittseu and they are the highest quality supplier of titanium in Japan.
- Additionally, the platinum that Enagic® uses is of the highest quality in the world. Whereas, standard titanium sells for around $1,000 per ounce, the platinum used by Enagic® in making their electrolysis plates is twice the price at around $2,000 per ounce. This platinum is known in the industry as "Medical Grade Platinum" simply because hopitals and health institutions demand this type of quality. Keep in mind that the leveluk ionizers are in over 200 hospitals throughout Japan.
The special process by which they make the plates results in a high quality alkaline water known as Kangen water®. Kangen water® is able to hold ionized water at its elevated state longer compared to other ionizer machines using inferior plates and heating elements.
Taking apart the Jupiter Athena® and Platinum Series.
A group of us recently manged to take apart the two ionizers pictured below. This was our chance to compare the inside of the Jupiter Athena and another competitor known as the Platinum Series.
Notice the apove pictures. The Athena mesh plates were compared to the SD501 plates. Take a notice of the size difference.
A Greener Approach -Oily Pesticides and Insecticides Removed.
The SD-501 makes m****** grade true 2.5 pH Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) and true 11.5 pH Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) water as a result of the saline solution stored in the removable electrolysis enhancer tank. Enagic© takes this very seriously as this high acid water is used for medical reasons within the various hospitals in Japan.
The other "competitor" water ionizers are not capable of making these types of waters because they do not use a salt or saline solution. It is the salt that gives these waters its incredible dissinfecting and cleaning properties. This feature should not be overlooked:
11.5 pH, (otherwise known as Strong Kangen Water®) on the other hand will emulsify oil-based pesticides and insecticides off of fruits and vegetables. 11.5 pH water is also great at cleaning ordinary everyday items such as counter tops, glass, windows, floors and the list goes on and on.
Be sure to read the L.A.Times article and watch the KTLA News video regarding strong acid and strong alkaline waters.
How Important is Your Health and Your Families Health?
This seems like a silly question, yet some are willing to compromise in the hope of receiving the same results from an inferior water ionizer.
What is the value of 2.5 Acid Water to a person who is fighting some kind of skin disorder, gangrene or MRSA as well as killing the e-coli pathogens or samonella from your foods? ( Food Poisoning!)
Likewise, how valuable is 11.5 pH water that effectively strips the harmful insecticides and pesticides of off fruits and vegetables?
Note: The amazing power behind these solutions is the SALT or saline solution that is added to the water during the electrolysis process. Only Enagic® produces water ionizers that use the salt solution. The saline solution is necessary in order to produce hypochlorous acid (strong acid) and sodium hydroxide (strong alkaline).
- All of the Kangen Water® ionizers use transformers. Transformers are used because they are the most reliable on the market. The SD-501 uses 230-Watt Transformers.
- Enagic® will refurbish and rebuild your titanium/ platinum plates for only $40. This is made available to those who live in very hard water states and who do not use the citrus cleaner at least twice a year. Very rarely needed but a good insurance policy from the company just in case.
- The Enagic® filters will last up to 3,000 gallons of use. Service centers in 4 U.S. Cities. Compare that to the competition's filters that last only 1,000 to 2,000 gallons on average. Much like cheap personal home ink printers, many ionizer companies make their money by selling replacement filters.
The Truth about Life, Tyent® & Jupiter Ionizers®.
READ THIS BEFORE YOU EVEN CONSIDER PURCHASING A WATER IONIZER.
- Not all have a full 5 year warranty but Instead have a 3 to 5 year LIMITED WARRANTY based on the fact that certain conditions are met.
- Their LIMITED WARRANTY is based on a few conditions. In the case of Jupiter and Life, THE WARRANTY IS VOIDED IF USED IN HARD WATER AREAS. THAT IS GREATER THAN HALF OF THE UNITED STATES ALONE.
- In the case of Life Ionizers, they have recently changed their warranty and now reads, " ALL MACHINES THAT ARE USED FOR HIGH VOLUME APPLICATIONS SUCH AS WEIGHT LOSS/ FITNESS, ECTS...WILL VOID THEIR WARRANTY." How many gallons is considered "High Volume"? A few months ago it read,"THE WARRANTY IS VOID IF MORE THAN 2.5 GALLONS/ DAY ARE PRODUCED".
- Very few ionizers produce 2.5 pH high Acid or 11.5 pH strong Alkaline water even though some websites claim they do. It is simply not true. When you research the company's websites ( as an example Tyent®), they admit that there water ionizers produce up to 11.0 pH and 3.0 pH water. 3.0 pH acid water will only kill a certain percentage of viruses, salmonella, etc. The minimum pH level needed in order to kill 99.9%, needs to be 2.6 or less and 11.5pH is needed in order to strip oil pesticides off of fruits and vegetables. Life, Tyent®, Jupiter and the other water ionizers cannot reach these necessary pH levels.
- All of these ionizers are built from assembly companies. In other words, the parts come from different parts of the world and assembled at one location. Most ionizers today are assembled using this method.
- Overheating is a problem and will automatically shut down their machines. The manufacturers claim that this is a benefit; however, in reality it is a flaw in design. Their heating elements use 80 to 90 watts max.
The same manufacturer, Emco Manufacturing (Korea), builds all of the mesh titanium/ platinum plates by first SPRAYING a large titanium sheet with platinum ( Platinum is expensive $1,000/ ounce) and then cutting into smaller baseball card sizes. The company then stamps these plates that result in an inconsistent and thin layer of platinum on the mesh plates.
- Their titanium/ platinum plates are stamped mesh. STAMPED MESH PLATES ARE AN INFERIOR PRODUCT and is a cost savings to the manufacturer. There are websites claiming that mesh is superior.
- These ionizers are not designed to handle hard water and do not have an ability to effectively clean off the hard water minerals off of the plates such as a corrosive citrus acid-cleaning filter. Having the ability to clean the hard mineral deposits is absolutely key in sustaining the life of any water ionizer.
Over time, if this problem is not dealt with, these ionizers will not effectively produce the life changing ionized alkaline water, that they are designed to do.
- These companies charge upwards of $800 to replace the platinum/ titanium electrode plates. Remember, It is not necessary to replace the electrolysis plates on the Enagic® Ionizers. In a worse case senario, Enagic® would be able to clean these plates to new like statues for only $40.
- Their meshed plates are small in surface area. In the case of Jupiter, the surface area is only 110 sq. inches
The Case for Solid Plates.
- One of the primary reason for solid plates is that it is durable and will handle many years of usage. Also, water tends to erode and break down what it comes in contact with. The Grand Canyon is a great example of this force.
- A large surface area of the electrolysis plates is necessary in order to produce high quality alkaline water as it is necessary to elevate the active hydrogen to a higher elevated state. (Refer to Doctor Carpenters' video.)
- It is more difficult for mineral deposits to attach to smooth solid plates thus improving the performance of the machine. On the other hand, with mesh plates, the calcium binds in the peaks and valleys (holes) of the plates making it very difficult for the calcium and other deposits to be removed.
- Over time, (this will depend on the hardness of your tap water) it becomes very difficult to remove these mineral deposits off of mesh plates and your ionizer will become less and less effective and eventually will no longer produce alkaline water.
- Again, only Enagic Ionizers comes standard with a 100% Organic Citric Acid Cleaner precisely for cleaning the hard mineral deposits from the electrolysis plates.
An Announcement from Enagic USA® Headquarters
It is well known to the company, as well as our Distributor Network, that there have been scores of internet websites created by our competitors that attack and criticize our company, Enagic. They have existed as long as we have been in operation and have been quite unfounded, ignorant and more or less relatively harmless.
Just recently however, these websites are becoming more numerous, thought-out and damaging. Enough so that in defense of the honor of our Company & Distributor Network, letters of protest are being formally sent from our legal counsel due to defamation and criminal business obstruction.
Kangen Water® is our trademark, and it is illegal for other companies to copy or use it. Enagic's line of business is now expanding globally and because of the huge market being cultivated by our distributors, our competitors from countries around the globe are trying to copy our product.
Competition is good for business and is welcome, but we feel it is with childishness and malignancy that our company is criticized. The claim made by other companies that their products are equally certified or of equal quality is extremely questionable, if not an outright fallacy. Furthermore, Enagic USA is a proud member of the very prestigious DSA (Direct Selling Association) and as such, follows closely the stringent and non-negotiable ethical standards established by the DSA.
Our policy is to expand our business with honor and fairness with our competitors in this quickly-expanding global market. In spite of the less than honorable ethics and business practices used by our competition, Enagic will continue be the premier and paramount manufacturer of water ionizers and health supplements in the world. Staying true to the philosophy of President Oshiro will ensure that Enagic will continue its rapid growth and amazing success for decades to come.
In Conclusion, you get what you pay for. The difference between The SD501 and the "other ionizers" is the difference between an overpriced appliance that may last a year or two or a certified quality device that was designed to last 15- 20 years and is in use in 250 hospitals all across Japan.
Make no mistake! The Kangen water® Ionizers are the top Ionizers on the market!